Thursday, March 17, 2005

Off The Beaten Tracks and Don's Mobile Barbers

It's been a long time since I've been into a record shop but I was introduced to one today. Off The Beaten Tracks is just what you would want from a small record shop in a market town (Louth in Lincolnshire) - loads of interesting stock, worth browsing for a few hours. I couldn't resist buying something so I got Elliot Smith From A Basement On THe Hill which is not immediate but will take some listening to before I can really judge it. I only just managed to resist the Bonnie Prince Billy, a fairly recent Lydia Lunch, and an Amon Duul II collection.

I am currently listening to the new Don's Mobile Barber's CD. It kind of fills the same area as the Elliot Smith in mood and pace - a bit poppier and less introverted though. I'll try and give this a review on the Cool Noise site but it certainly sounds very pleasant and impressive on first listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home