Thursday, May 12, 2005

Drowning In A Well of Sadness Part Four: Joy Division

I suppose it's obvious to go to Joy Division now. After all I am in Manchester now and I've been staying in Macclesfield a lot recently. And of course there is an Ian Curtis death anniversary coming up soon. But which song to choose? Obviously Love Will Tear Us Apart and Atmosphere are in my soundtrack for my life as sad, desolate songs that resonate with meaning and experience. But I will choose Twenty Four Hours as the saddest song - Ian Curtis wrote lyrics that were epic and the personal was hidden. In this case I can still relate to it.

Now that I've realized how it's all gone wrong
Got to find some therapy - this treatment takes too long
Deep in the heart of where sympathy held sway
Got to find my destiny before it gets too late


You may be interested in a website that has a quiz based on RealAudio introductions to Joy Division songs that you have to identify: Joy Division Quiz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home