Monday, July 18, 2005

The Sharp Things Review and New CDs

I loaded up my latest review of The Sharp Things CD on Saturday night. It wasn't a very good review but on checking email on Sunday morning I have an email from Jim Santo of the band thanking me for 'my disillusionment'! He meant it as well, realising that all I can do is write what I feel about the music and it is only My Humble Opinion. The review has even gone on their reviews page. So, I must admit I am encouraged, it shows that even my doubts are appreciated - these bands want to be heard and payed attention to.

I have two more CDs to listen to: Paul Jeans from Northumberland and ist from Leicester. Both are more traditional artists than I tend to listen to - heartfelt lyrics and very much based in song structure. I'll see if they get under my skin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting... traditional song structure is wonderful when it's used as a discipline... I love a great song, just I love a great experiment. Neither is more or less worthy...

5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home