Thursday, October 27, 2005

Strollers, Daniel Vincent, Hickories, and Drunk With Joy

Checked the mailbox: no bills, or threats from the TV Licence people but 4 CDs - heaven. The Strollers have sent me the single Your Reminder Has Changed which is a confident folow up to their first single. Daniel Vincent of Onion Jack fame delivers A Winter Collection including some rarities from the Jacks and so there's electronic pieces and acoustic songs to get me through the cold nights to come. A fascinating 5 song debut CD from The Hickories that is very 60s influenced and sits very well alongside current alt-country. The final one I've opened is by Drunk With Joy (I didn't want to undo the natty black ribbon until the last minute). They are an Electronic Folk duo and the album is called Sound Living and it's haunting stuff.

I'd better get writing some reviews then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home