Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Unsigned Magazine

What a great idea - produce a magazine based around unsigned bands and include a 15 track CD of examples of the bands you are talking about. Perfect, you get reviews, interviews, and the music.

It seems to be very Stoke-based and around Psychophonic Records. I had no idea that Stoke had a music scene (ignoramus that I am) - but don't worry The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster are interviewed as well so something for everyone.

The CD centres around hardcore/goth/punk which I normally like in small doses. The thing is I am really enjoying this CD in the same way as I enjoyed the Dance To The Radio compilation CD last year. There are less punky tracks such as a magnificent contribution by Faustus - but this is an energy guitar-fest you don't want to miss.

I have also found the least politically correct band of the decade - Lesbian Bed Death. The pictures from the mag show a man with long hair and shades applying a cane to a Goth girl in chains. The music is good and has lyrics such as

Goth girls are easy
Dark lips
Big tits

And the cane is called Dave...

Psychophonic Records

Lesbian Bed Death

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home