Wednesday, April 05, 2006

1973 and all that

This week on BBC4 it is 1973 week. 1973 was a defining year for me - I introduced myself to David Bowie, The Velvet Underground, Iggy and The Stooges, and the MC5. The main feature of 1973 week is a repeat of Life On Mars set in 73 Manchester - so I can watch it and laugh at the clothes and shout "I know that place" or even "I lived on that street!". It makes my heart ache to see Manchester again - I miss it so much.

Even with this TV watching, I have finally managed to review Western Civ. I've also been listening to The Lodger, History of Guns, Mars Bonfire (recent submissions). I'm currently listening to The Friday Session so that I can hear Nomad67 at the BBC Hereford and Worcestershire open day. To quote from an email I got from Nomad67 relating a fan's comment:

"you should be proud! that was true rock n' roll man! you set a car alarm off with your sound and there were loads of little old ladies with their fingers in their ears!! "

That's what it's all about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yuya Joseph said...

73 was a rockin' year in music history, with Bowie, Zeppelin, Alice Cooper and many more putting on incredible live shows!!!

Love your blog, keep at it!!! I feature awesome Aussie singers and crazy Canuck bands on the Blue Pie Recording Artists blog.

5:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home