Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Let Her Go by The Lodger

Leeds band, The Lodger are releasing a new single Let Her Go at the beginning of next month. I've been listening and I'm convinced that The Lodger are the natural successors to The TV Personalities. The most perfect pop music, but still retaining all of the Indie elements I love - real emotion and a certain under-produced approach to making music.

The trumpet on the song is brilliant, recalling Teardrop Explodes (Reward) and the Boo Radleys (whatever that vaguely pleasant song was called). I've made no secret of my love for iLiKETRAiNS and This Et Al - I think The Lodger are coming up fast to form a triumvirate of The Yorkshire Invasion. Currently the single and B side are on MySpace.

The Lodger on MySpace

1 Comments:

Blogger Cool Noise said...

It's "Slip It To The Android"! I hope you are just pretending not to know that.

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home