Monday, May 15, 2006

The Beatles vs The Stones

It's the age-old question - do you like The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? It has used to find out whether you are a Mummy's Boy or a Rebel, a Rock 'n' Roller or a lover of Pop. The truth is that The Beatles weren't really the clean-cut heroes and they partied almost as hard as The Stones, but musically it is still a defining question.

Forget opinion and let's look at the Stats. Google Trends is a great new service that allows you to compare the search volumes for different terms. Let's see what Google says of the battle Beatles vs Stones:

beatles vs stones






The surprise to me is that they were fairly close in 2004, I had always assumed that The Beatles would be far ahead. In 2005 onwards we see The Stones taking over as their longevity and continued touring makes them clear winners.

Google Trends (Beatles vs Stones)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how I feel about this question... I'm a Stones girl totally.

K

6:32 am  
Blogger Cool Noise said...

Do you think I give away my predjudice in my write up? Mummys boys vs Rebels?

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home