Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Nostalgia: Patti Smith



I found a Patti Smith video of Gloria mentioned in the very wonderful Advanced Theory Blog and I thought it worthy of a post here. But then I found a video of Patti singing Horses on The Old Grey Whistle Test - a performance I remember very well. There had never, as far as I could remember, been a woman who had grabbed rock by the balls and squeezed so hard. Come to think of it, I don't think any woman has done since - not even PJ Harvey came close to the sheer affrontery and intelligence that Ms Smith displayed.

There's a version of Gloria here - I love the sincere intro from the Straight Guy with a pole up his arse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing Barefoot has long been a favorite to me. My fave female band is Concrete Blonde a lot of Patti in them.

5:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home