Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 1 of 365: Bleeding Hearts

The first band I am going to recommend are not one of my established favourites (I bet you thought I'd start with Things In Herds or Nomad 67) but a band I heard on the Hereford & Worcester BBC radio programme "The Friday Session" on last Friday's show. They play Punk with guitars and a fiddle (and I'm a sucker for any violin playing). They have anger, energy, and a powerful vocalist. You also download a copy of their latest EP Bose Liebe (Some Kind Of Love Song) free - just click on the link on their website. Obviously ask your parents if they will let you listen to it because they express some of their passion in Anglo-Saxon words. I particularly like the EP because it is a bitter take on love, whereas normally their themes tend toward the political.

Bleeding Hearts website

Bleeding Hearts on MySpace

Here is a video of them on tour in Europe. I actually prefer some of their other songs but this is obviously a crowd pleaser and gives a good idea of the drive and quality they have. Looks like they have lots of fun touring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home