Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 16 of 365: North Sea Navigator

I'm slightly confused here. I was going to introduce you to a band that uses a droning harmonium (brought back from Sri Lanka), cello and guitar. But on MySpace there is now Paul Nash with demos of a solo album as North Sea Navigator. I can't think of anything much better than cello and harmonium for instrumentation but even without that, this is intensely atmospheric and beautiful music. The three songs currently on MySpace are the sort of songs that can affect me and change my mood completely. I'm sorry, I can't say much more than that - I'm in the very early stages of coming to terms with this music but there is a detector in my head that is going crazy and saying "sit down, listen, listen and listen again". This is my favourite time of listening to new music - when you find something that you weren't looking for, but suddenly you realise you always needed.

North Sea Navigator on MySpace
North Sea Navigator live set

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home