Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 6 of 365: The Scaramanga Six

Let's get back to Leeds, the current centre of the Indie universe. Who the hell are The Scaramaga Six and why are there rarely six of them? I don't know. I do know that this band play music that is imperiousity defined. They can be claustrophobic when they want to be - the album Cabin Fever is named that for a reason. It was a very bad time emotionally for me when I first heard it but it crystalised the confusion and being overwhelmed by the world that I was going through. Sometimes you need to go deeper to be able to get out.

The Scaramanga Six have forgotten nothing - they have listened to the last 40 years of music, put it in a pressure cooker and compressed it until it screams. They also understand that nothing looks better on a man than a rabbit's head:




The Scaramaga Six website
The Scaramanga Six on MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home