Friday, June 30, 2006

New CDs

You Can Know Danger by At Dusk

I was on At Dusk's MySpace the other night and I saw they were bringing out a new album. I thought, I bet they don't send one to me. After all my last review wasn't overly complimentary - even though they wrote that they appreciated it because I did listen a lot before explaining why it didn't work for me. But these boys are made of sterner stuff and, sure enough, the latest album arrived. Already I can hear more edge but at the same time want to shout: play less notes!

At Dusk on MySpace

Total Punk Rock by Calcaza Records

Follow up the Wait And See compilation and Gary of Calcaza records doesn't hide his affiliations to anything punk. The spirit of '76 lives.

Calcaza Records

Sl.ep by Lo Ego

My first listen said "Radiohead". My second listen said "I'm a fuckwit - this is great". Since I accused the mighty This Et Al of the same thing on their first demo, it just shows why I should keep quiet sometimes.

Lo Ego on MySpace

Hollow Angel by Nowhere Fast

Punk with anthemic melodies from Kentucky - I doubt they have heard of the Ruts but there's some guitar work that would bear comparison.

Nowhere Fast on MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home