Saturday, June 03, 2006

What We All Want From Dance To The Radio

This is the follow up to the astonishing Dance To The Radio: Leeds that was my 2005 album of the year. I just couldn't review it when it came out because it suffered from the compilation disease - some great tracks but no overall theme. I think it paled in comparison to the first release but there are still some great bands and some great tracks so it is worth me saying a few words even at this late stage.

Shut Your Eyes And You'll Burst Into Flames are a revelation with the track Amputee Smile. The spirit of Punk with the nerve to challenge any preconceptions of how music should be played. I remember an earlier single by Napolean IIIrd but the track they contribute to this album is a bit special with its desperate vocal. iForward Russia! continue to impress me every time I hear them play.

I don't think Dance To The Radio are sending me any more releases (they always went to my previous address anyway). But this happens as bands/labels begin to get national coverage and my little website is not seen as important enough. The great thing is that there are always more bands and labels to replace them and I will never forget the music they introduced me to. There is a possibility that in the next twelve months, for the first time in many years, I might be able to afford to buy some records. If this happens, then I will be bidding on a lot of the bands featured on this album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home