Saturday, July 15, 2006

The End Of The Blog?

I was intending to do another mass review today but I'm a bit distracted. There's always been this split in my interest between this blog and the main Cool Noise site. I love being able to post regularly here but I know that bands prefer a review on the main site.

I've been playing with Wordpress over the past few weeks and it's really easy to install. It also can import all your posts from a Blogspot blog - although it loses embedded videos and pictures. It has occurred to me that I could move the blog over onto Cool Noise wholesale. The problem is the amount of time it would take because it would mean writing a template from scratch to match the original design (all pages were written manually in HTML and I don't have time to rewrite them all). Then I would have to try to get all the links changed.

Hmmm, do I really want to take this task on?

2 Comments:

Blogger hazim said...

Hey. Hazim Here.
I think the blog's fine the way it is. If it ain't broke, why work hard to fix it?

5:58 pm  
Blogger Cool Noise said...

Hey Hazim there

Sometimes I forget I do website stuff for a living - I've already done it all apart from the pictures. Hell, I'm a professional.

No, the blog ain't broke but the main site is feeling neglected. If all the links to this blog went to the main site...I shall dominate the world!

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home