Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Have I Got Noise For You

First, a mention of recent CDs:

Introstay by Years Around The Sun

Beautiful music that reminds me of The Go-Betweens in the Cattle and Cain period. I even think one of them looks like Grant McLennan.

Years Around The Sun

Can't go back by *Armstrong

Debut single from a young Rock band who have energy and enthusiasm and an understanding of melody.

*Armstrong

Twenty Years of Love and Pain...They Feel The Same by Gojo' music

Political Roots music from Wolverhampton. A little bit of Blues, a bit of funk and lots of fine acoustic guitar playing.

Gojo' Music

Now the reason for the title of this post. I received 10 CDs from Italy. Eight of these CDs are firmly in the Hardcore camp ranging from the high octane guitar and shouting to the post-electronica remix of Hardcore. I'm actually a bit sad to pass them on but my new reviewer RichardTheGreat actually knows about this style of music. I don't know if they read my appeal for Hardcore and Metal on the site but this is like manna from heaven. To name a few of the bands they are Orange Man Theory, Ensoph (my particular favourite), 7 Times Suicide, Madwork, and Straight Opposition.

For a sample try Orange Man Theory and Ensoph

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home